Well Today is my BIRTHDAY!!! PARTY well not really… Today I sat down and wanted to write out, things I have learned throughout being 19 as well as my teenage years. Since those are now in the past and my 20’s start TODAY!! This is honestly a bit scary to think of. I have accomplished many things so far, however, I’m a bit upset as I still had many things I wanted to accomplish by my 20th birthday. Instead my health has decided to put those things on hold for a bit. Besides that, I really want to make this year, one of the best so far and I can’t wait to see what the future holds and where I will go in my TWENTIES! I have many big plans and can’t wait to make them a reality. Many of these goals and dreams are all thanks to you lovelies! If I didn’t have your support, I don’t know if I would still be following my passion for blogging and creating YouTube videos. Which, let me tell you, are so much fun and I appreciate the support beyond words! I want to work in both the Fashion, Beauty and Business industries so heres to the beginning!
Anyways, I could go on FOREVER… Onto the things I have learned being 19!!
1. It’s OK to say no. You don’t need to give an explanation or feel guilty.
2. You are not worthless. You have a purpose. You are determining your own path.
3. Stop pretending to be fine when you aren’t. It’s OK to admit you are hurting and struggling. There are people who love you and want to help.
4. Stop trying to just get through life. It’s not something to be gotten through. It’s something to be experienced and learned from. See the good in every part of it.
5. Don’t lose yourself. This world is hard and people will try to tear you apart. Don’t let it break you. Your empathy and genuineness are one of a kind.
6. When you’re feeling lonely, learn to sit with it. Stop looking for love in shallow places. Sleeping with a guy is not going to make him love you. You are worth so much more than you give yourself credit for.
7. Respect yourself. If you don’t, who will?
8. Speak up. You deserve to be heard. Don’t be afraid to let people know what’s on your mind. Staying quiet won’t accomplish anything for you.
9. Have confidence. Stop focusing on your “imperfections.” You are you, and that is beautiful.
10.Don’t allow others to define you. They will try to convince you that they have you all figured out, but no one knows you the way that you do.
11.When you wake up, think of three things you are grateful for. Starting your day with a positive mindset helps influence how the day plays out.
Now some quotes and saying I have found to be true, especially this last year!
12.Not everyone will stay in your life.Yup, that’s true. When I was a kid, I thought that whoever I see now will be with me till the end. However, as I grew older, things changed. Many left the endless journey, for different reasons. No matter how much they promised to keep close, time and circumstances will bound you to forget about them. You need to be strong at heart and deal with it.
13.Life is a Bitch! Yes, it is a bitch and will try to bring you down as much as it can. But, don’t lose hope during this phase. A lot of good and bad things will happen to you in your life, doesnt matter how old you are. One of my friends shared this quote with me and its so true, “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill. Whatever is happening to you right now, is just preparing you for the future.
14.You won’t get everything that you wish! Yes, you heard it right, don’t expect that you will be getting what you want. Life has a very complicated way of working out, and it doesn’t give you something you don’t deserve. So, if you don’t get something that you wished… Don’t cry for it, just move ahead with time. Maybe you will get something better. However, it doesn’t mean that you won’t try your best to get it; sometimes you need to work very hard to get what you want.
15.Enjoy life to the fullest! You have got just one life, and that too is passing by every minute. Try to live life to fullest, so that you don’t regret the things you didn’t do when you grow old. Don’t care about others because in the end, you need to impress only one person in life – YOU! One of my friends regularly suggests me to try out everything that comes my way, at least once! So that I can have a broad experience.
16.Never give up on your dream.Even if it seem like an impossible task, you should never give up on it. Nothing is impossible, and you never know when the odds turn on your side and let you accomplish it. Killing your dream is nothing less than committing suicide.
17. If something doesn’t made you happy or stresses you out try to find what that thing is and find a solution. If you aren’t in a good relationship, than leave, if you arent happy with your job or career path than make a change, if that has to be quitting your job. At the end of the day, whats the point waking up stressed out and unhappy all day. Life is too short to be unhappy.
18. Sometime you have to say F*ck it! This has been something that I’ve said a lot especially after this year. I hate the feeling of being stuck and thats what has been happening in my life, with my health, that has been affecting my whole day to day life.
19. The last thing I have learned especially this year is following what I want to do in life. Even though, I haven’t been able to experience and achieve everything I have wanted to this year, again mostly because of my life, putting a stop to my goals. Which I want to write about and open up more to you lovelies, in future posts. Anyways, this year I learned that if I keep my passion alive and keep pushing through these last hell of a few years, than my goals will be so easy to achieve once I’m back on my feet and able to start chasing my dreams! I know it will happen one day and I’m happy that many people around me believe in my goals and passions as well!
I just want to say a huge thank you to you lovelies. I’ve taken a bit of a break from blogging as I started up my YouTube Channel and honestly just lost some motivation, due to my migraines and health condition, it just takes everything from me. Anyways, I hope that I can be back! I miss talking to you lovelies and I have to say, without having this community I have no idea where I would be! You lovelies have helped and continue to inspire me daily! So thank you for all the continued support as always
I also want to thank my mom! She is literally my hero and is my best friend! Agh I don’t want to get all emotional hehe. But my mom has done so much for me and I am forever grateful to have been blessed with one outstanding parent!!! I love you so much mom, I know you are probably reading this hehe!!
Alright, I hope you lovelies enjoyed! I know this post is a bit different, but I liked the idea of sharing what I’ve learned this year, as It has been one of the hardest, but hey i made it! Here’s to the 20’s now and these years I hope will be much different, I cant wait to see where I will be in the future, as i have some crazy dreams and goals! But first its about getting my health back on track and than I will finally be free to get my life started!